With nearly 15 years of hands-on experience, I know how to enrich a brand story in each and every marketing communication. I take full advantage of my deep experience and strategic insight to bring forth impactful design solutions that get results. From Cannondale bikes to Timex watches to Hunter Douglas window fashions, my body of work showcases imaginative executions for a wide range of consumer brands along with an adept grasp of print, digital and video applications. My work has earned the respect of in-house brand teams and clients across the country, as well as the junior designers and freelancers I often manage. I hold a BFA in Graphic Design from the SUNY School of Art + Design and I am continually adding to my arsenal of design skills.
Senior Graphic Designer, 2016–2017
Responsibilities included the exploration and conceptualization of print and digital executions while applying current design and communication trends for the Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division and Hunter Douglas Architectural.
– Handled multiple projects while ensuring projects were delivered on time and up to HD brand standards
– Designed Hunter Douglas Architectural marketing materials including new product launches and interactive sites
Timex Group, USA / Guess Watches
Art Director, 2012–2016
Conceptualized and implemented innovative design solutions and strategies relevant to the market from concept
to completion for more than 65 worldwide distributors and multiple domestic retailers.
– Created and delivered innovative digital content for e-commerce and retail partner sites
– Conceptualized and created digital content for an audience of more than 4 million followers
– Created branding and design aesthetic for the Guess Connect Smartwatch launch
– Art directed product photoshoots as well as storyboards for video production
– Worked closely with teams to ensure brand accuracy and visualization of marketing plans
– Attended press checks to ensure consistent quality and color across all areas of production
Cycling Sports Group / Cannondale
Product Graphic Designer, 2010–2012
Designed bike graphics for the 2012/2013 mountain, road, and commuter lines, communicating with product managers and vendors.
– Researched design and color trends, as well as created moodboards and new color palettes
– Collaborated with industrial designers, product managers and engineers
– Worked with 20 pro race teams to design custom bikes for the Cannondale Custom Team Graphics program
– Traveled to China and Taiwan to inspect and oversee bike graphic applications
3M Original Wraps
Senior Graphic Designer, 2009–2010
Created OEM vinyl graphics and marketing materials for automotive brands which included MINI USA, Mazda, BMW, Kia, Nissan and Ford.
– Coordinated with project managers to development new, innovative designs, as standard options for consumers
– Helped launch minimotoringgraphics.com through the creation of digital assets
Senior Graphic Designer, 2007–2009
Designed and executed national promotional marketing programs for clients Dove, Energizer, Chase Bank,
Dunkin’ Donuts, Heineken USA,, Nestle Waters and New Balance.
– Art directed projects from initial concept to final execution and production
– Managed junior designers and production designers
– Collaborated with copywriters and account management teams to meet and exceed clients’ needs
Starwood Hotels & Resorts / W Hotels Worldwide
Graphic Designer, 2004–2007
Responsibilities included creative development and execution of graphics for advertising, marketing, environmental, and sales materials for W Hotels brand.
– Was an integral part of a team that developed a $6M national campaign, including all media touchpoints
– Art directed more than 40 photoshoots worldwide
– Oversaw interns and freelancers
BFA, Graphic Design
Purchase College, SUNY
School of Art + Design
2007 Graphic Design USA Inhouse Design Award
2012 Graphic Design USA Inhouse Design Award
Copyright © 2017 Jamie Costa. All Rights Reserved.
Images from this site may not be reproduced without prior written permission. Featured brands are the intellectual property of their respective owners. Select works may be shown in concept form and may not represent final published work.